Posted on January 24, 2022
With the NFL playoffs in full swing after an amazing weekend of exciting games, your team may still be in the running to make the Super Bowl. The NFL is down to the final four teams, so if you live in Cincinnati, San Francisco or Kansas City, you still have hope for a championship.
And lest I forget, the Los Angeles Rams are still alive and have a chance to play in the big game in their home stadium. That’s because this year’s Super Bowl is in LA, at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California on Sunday, February 13.
The final four teams play this Sunday in their respective Conference championship games to determine the two who will play on Super Sunday. So, the Rams fans may not need to book accommodation to attend the Big Bowl, but fans of the other teams will definitely need a place to stay. That’s where a timeshare can come in handy.
For a destination like Los Angeles, there is so much to see and do that it almost sounds illegal to just fly in on the weekend for the game. Because the NFL will host a number of fan-friendly events in the week leading up to the game, you really need to come in the week prior to soak up all the atmosphere.
Timeshare accommodations are just the ticket if you need a home-like place to host your parties while looking ahead to Super Sunday. That’s because of the space a timeshare unit provides, with proper living rooms, dining areas, balconies and full kitchens to prepare your favorite fare.
It’s the perfect home base to head out to the parties and events taking place during the week. And in case you want to see more of LA than just the football-related festivities, you’ll score with all the terrific resort amenities and attractions to enjoy.
Because of the flexibility of today’s points-based timeshare programs, you could even buy a timeshare and be able to use it to go to every Super Bowl for the next four years. That’s because, following the up-coming game, the Super Bowl will be played in Glendale, Arizona near Phoenix in 2023, Las Vegas in 2024 and New Orleans in 2025 – all of which have great timeshare resorts in their regions.
Fortunately, we have the list of our most popular Los Angeles-area timeshare resorts at hand based on the offers and inquiries placed on these properties last year by potential buyers.
We’ve used Inglewood as a reference point (since the game is being played there at SoFi Stadium) and extended about 60 miles north and south to develop our list. Therefore, our area basically stretches from Ventura, through metro Los Angeles and down to San Clemente.
Take a look at our top 10 LA-area timeshares and see which one suits you best to set up before the big game.
10) Wyndham Harbortown Point – this Ventura-based Wyndham timeshare resort sits right on Ventura Harbor and is the perfect retreat from the hype surrounding the Super Bowl. Not that you want to be away from all the excitement, but the studio and one-bedroom guest suites offer plenty of comfort while you gear up for the next party.
9) Riviera Shores Resort – offers as part of the Diamond Resorts collection, this resort in Capistrano Beach is right across the street from Doheny State Beach and close to the Dana Point Marina. Studio, one- and two-bedroom suites provide all the conveniences you need as you get ready for the game.
8) Capistrano Surfside Inn – another Capistrano Beach property, this timeshare resort is affiliated with Grand Pacific Resorts and is located at the pedestrian walkway which provides safe access across to Doheny State Beach. This resort has more of a boutique feel with restaurants close by and the one- and two-bedroom suites give you more than enough space for a fun SoCal trip.
7) Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa – the jewel of the Disneyland resort options, owners book this Disney timeshare resort far in advance so it may be an issue for timeshare owners to get in this close to the Super Bowl. However, if you are a member of Interval International try exchanging your timeshare and see what happens.
Rentals are also a possibility, and you can look for their studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom villas. Try before you buy if you like it – and what’s not to like? But remember to come back to the DVC resale market to save money.
6) Riviera Beach & Spa Resort – as you can tell by now, Capistrano Beach is a popular spot for timeshare owners, and this Diamond Resorts offering is next to its sister property, Riviera Shores, to give you a chill place to relax and get ready during Super Bowl week. One and two-bedroom timeshares have everything you need, so take a dip in the pool, head to the beach or try shopping at Dana Point Harbor.
5) WorldMark Dolphin's Cove – this Anaheim resort puts WorldMark timeshare points owners a couple of blocks from the Disney California Adventure Park and close to all the fun of Disneyland. Your choice of one-, two- or three-bedroom units means you can bring the entire family without feeling cramped for space. Living room, dining tables and full kitchens meets your needs whether relaxing after a big day at the theme parks or getting ready for the pregame festivities.
4) WorldMark Anaheim– just around the corner from famed Disneyland and down the street from the home of the LA Angels baseball team, Angel Stadium, WorldMark Anaheim is an excellent spot to enjoy the best of Los Angeles. The beaches are only about a half-hour away, yet everything you need is here. Relax in your choice of studio, one-, two-, three- or four-bedroom unit with all the modern conveniences. Perfect to prep for the big game.
3) Shell Vacations Club at Peacock Suites Resort – another great Anaheim option, Peacock Suites is just a few blocks from the Disneyland entertainment complex with its attractions, entertainment, shopping and dining choices. Rooftop sundeck, swimming pool and hot tub are just the beginning of your relaxation possibilities from your one-, two- or three-bedroom suite-style accommodation. And with Shell Vacations Club, the points-based system means you can choose from 24 resorts for your next vacation.
2) San Clemente Cove – this understated, Grand Pacific Resorts affiliated property overlooks the Pacific Ocean from its perch across from the San Clemente Pier, perfect to walk to the beach, shops and restaurants. With a selection of studio and one-bedroom timeshare units, you can sip a cold one overlooking the ocean from your balcony. Enjoy the sun, sand and surf leading up to Super Sunday.