Need Help to Buy a Timeshare?
Buy a Timeshare Using a Licensed Resale Broker
Timeshares are a terrific way to vacation, with accommodation options far exceeding standard hotels. Just a few of the advantages when looking to buy a timeshare:
- Condo-style Units – whether it is separate bedrooms for privacy or a proper living room to spread out, you’ll be able to relax in comfort.
- Quality Amenities – it could be a full kitchen to prepare healthy meals, a fireplace for a cozy evening or a furnished balcony to enjoy the moment in your surroundings.
- Resort Experiences – timeshare resorts have really lifted their game, with options such as water parks, top food and beverage outlets, health spas and activities programs for the kids.
- Flexible Vacation Possibilities – gone are the days of being locked into the same week at the same resort every year. Whether it is points programs or exchange companies, you can travel the world with timeshare ownership.
There are also important benefits to using a licensed timeshare broker, from agents searching for the right timeshare to handling the paperwork and placing money in escrow during the purchase process. For more details about buying a timeshare, call 877-624-6889 or fill out our form so we can help you.
So You Want to Buy a Timeshare?
Owning a timeshare can be a very rewarding experience, as long as the buyer completely understands what it is they are buying. When people buy a timeshare, they also need to know exactly how to use the product. Issues with reservations or confusion about a timeshare points-based system can lead to frustration, and these are some of the most common reasons people want to sell timeshare after buying their dream vacation spot.
Most of this is not the fault of the buyer, as many timeshare resorts offer very persuasive sales presentations but little follow-up on helping their customers understand the product. Some owners believe they own a product that will appreciate in value with time, just like typical real estate. The truth is while most timeshares are deeded, they should be considered an investment in lifestyle only. These are luxury items that one should not expect any sort of “investment” in the form of monetary profit.
Do the Math
One way to see if you should buy a timeshare is to simply look at the numbers. Below is a quick example.
1) Consider the amount of vacations you plan on taking in the next 20 years. Think about how much you typically spend on lodging only.
2) Now, consider the purchase price of the timeshare, the interest paid on the loan (if applicable) and the annual fees for the next 20 years.
If your costs are higher by taking a vacation on your own each year, then you should benefit from buying a timeshare. Timeshare accommodations are usually more luxurious, with larger units, multiple bedrooms and kitchen facilities so it comes down to your personal preference if timeshares are worth it.
If you want to buy a timeshare, you will find your best deal on the timeshare resale market. Using a licensed timeshare broker to oversee the sale is essential. Many sellers do not fully understand what they own! You would not want to be caught with a timeshare that was misrepresented, or find unexpected fees that are due after the closing that were never disclosed.
How to Buy Timeshares
When you use the services of a timeshare broker, you employ the power of a real estate professional to ensure the transfer is done properly. Timeshare Broker Associates, LLC can help you find a great deal on the timeshare resale market. Our network of by-owner resales and broker connections gives us access to tens of thousands of timeshares for sale at a great price. You tell us where you want to buy a timeshare and we do the work to make your dream come true at a great price!