Posted on October 22, 2021
Myrtle Beach has long been known as a top timeshare destination, with wonderful beaches, great entertainment options and some of the best golf courses in the country.
Just south of the North Carolina/South Carolina border, this gem has relatively mild winters compared to its counterparts further north, and its mid-Atlantic proximity sets it within a day’s drive for millions of vacationers in the eastern U.S.
Much of the attention for holiday makers looking for Myrtle Beach timeshares goes to the beach, amusement parks, museums and live entertainment venues that have made this such a family-friendly favorite. But golf is a major “driver” for year-round vacationers, as the average high temperatures during the winter range from the high 50s to the low 60s. Canadians and New Englanders will take that all day long.
There are over 80 golf courses in Myrtle Beach, with 12 having been ranked among the best 100 public courses in the country according to Golf Digest. Respected golf outlets such as GolfWeek, Golf Digest, Golf Magazine and Golf Channel repeatedly choose Myrtle Beach courses among their favorites.
Among the towns in the U.S. with the most golf courses, Myrtle Beach has the fourth most courses per capita of any town in America. This in a metro area of nearly 500,000 people. Boasting nationally-recognized courses such as the Robert Trent Jones’ designed Dunes Golf and Beach Club, Caledonia Golf & Fish Club, True Blue Golf Club and TPC Myrtle Beach, there are courses throughout the region for every skill level.
Golf trips can take various forms, whether it is for couples, friends, families or groups specifically looking for a golf-centric getaway. We’ll concentrate on the couples/family market for this, since these groups make up the lion’s share of timeshare owners in the U.S.
Below are the top 10 Myrtle Beach timeshare resorts as decided by consumers placing offers through our online platform on resorts in the region. Resorts are ranked in descending order as we count down to number one.
10) A Place at the Beach Windy Hill – managed by Capital Vacations, this delightful resort is not only right on the shoreline of North Myrtle Beach but just a few blocks away from Barefoot Landing and the adjacent Barefoot Golf Club. With four courses to choose from, including Greg Norman and Pete Dye designed courses, you will have more than enough golf to satisfy your appetite.
Units range from two and three-bedroom layouts with modern amenities, spacious living areas and relaxing views of the ocean.
9) Country Club Villas – another of the Capital Vacations-managed resorts on our list, this resort is in the Surfside Beach area just a few miles south of Myrtle Beach. As the name suggests, golf is on the agenda as the units are located in Deerfield Plantation and less than a mile from the Prestwick Country Club. This public course is a par 72 with over 7000 yards from the Black Tees, but there are six tee boxes for all comfort levels.
One-, two- and three-bedroom units along with townhouse and villa accommodations are in the complex with all the conveniences including kitchen, washer/dryer and Wi-Fi.
8) Maritime Beach Club – Capital Vacations does it again with this North Myrtle Beach timeshare property sitting right on the beach and close to the Surf Golf & Beach Club. Originally opened in 1960, the par 72 course was renovated in 2016 and features four tee boxes for different skill levels.
The course fluctuates between offering tee times to the public and closing off to members only, so you may want to check with the resort for the latest details. Otherwise, the Beachwood Golf Club is the next closest public 18-hole golf course and a great option as well, having hosted the Carolinas PGA Seniors Championship.
Accommodations range from studio to one- and two-bedroom units with even the studios including fully equipped kitchens, living areas and ocean views. There is even a putting green for a little extra practice.
7) Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations Club – this Hilton timeshare resort is one of the newest additions to Hilton’s Myrtle Beach offerings, opening in 2015 on the Grand Strand and just minutes from the Boardwalk and all the action. You’re a few miles out from the closest golf courses, but virtually surrounded with options such as Whispering Pines, Pine Lakes Country Club, Myrtlewood Golf Club and River Oaks Golf Club.
Pine Lakes is the closest to the resort, about three miles away, and is one of the oldest courses in town, opening in 1927 and designed by Robert White, the first president of the PGA.
At Ocean 22, you’ll find one-, two-, and three-bedroom condo-style units overlooking the beach with living room, full kitchen, and washer/dryer.
6) Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Anderson Ocean Club – slightly further down the beach from its previous Hilton counterpart, this resort is a wonderful beachfront option on The Strand with easy access to all the main Myrtle Beach attractions. And closer to the Pine Lakes Country Club with its newly renovated greens and bunkers.
Myrtlewood Golf Club is the next closest course, about 3 ½ miles away or a 10-minute drive. One of the exclusive members of the Founder’s Collection, the Club features the Palmetto and PineHills courses.
At your resort you can choose from studio, one-, two- or three-bedroom accommodations with ocean view balconies, full kitchens, living spaces and across from a full min-golf course to prepare the next generation of golfers.
5) Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes – this fabulous Marriott timeshare beachfront resort has it all and is close to the famous Dunes Golf and Beach Club, if you are fortunate enough to snag a tee time.
If not, the Grande Dunes is only a couple of miles away and offers terrific facilities adjacent to the Intracoastal Waterway. This 18-hole course was named the National Golf Course of the Year by the National Golf Course Owners Association of America, so you can’t go wrong at Grande Dunes.
Meanwhile, you can’t go wrong at Marriott OceanWatch either, with spacious two-bedroom units throughout the complex providing a true vacation condo experience. Full kitchen, living room and balcony are only the beginning, with indoor and outdoor pools, onsite bars and restaurant plus organized kid’s activities.
4) Sheraton Broadway Plantation – set across from the amazing entertainment complex known as Broadway at the Beach, you’ll have a tough time carving out some golf time. But just in case you do, you will be in the midst of the triangle of courses Pine Lakes, Myrtlewood and River Oaks.
If you want to try River Oaks, it’s just a 13-minute drive from the resort and set over 800 acres along the Intracoastal Waterway. The complex features 27 holes divided into three, 9-hole courses each named after the locals (Fox, Otter and Bear). Named the 2015 Golf Course of the Year by the Myrtle Beach Golf Course Owners Association, the locals (not the animal kind) have given their seal of approval.
The resort offers a variety of accommodation options, with one-, two-, and three-bedroom configurations, some of which are lockoff, or connecting, units. Enjoy these fully self-contained units with kitchen, living room, dining areas, washer/dryers and the all-important Wi-Fi.
3) Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove at North Myrtle Beach – situated at the northern end of North Myrtle Beach, this Wyndham timeshare resort is the perfect place for a secluded, relaxing getaway. You are just minutes from the Surf Golf and Beach Club, but as we mentioned earlier it is hit and miss whether you can get onto the course since it is Semi-Private.
Another option would be Beachwood Golf Club, but you could also try Tidewater Golf Club, which is only a 9-minute drive from the resort. One of the newer courses in town following its opening in 1990, it is the only layout ever to be named “Best New Course” by both Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.
After your round, retire back to the comfort of your studio, one-, two- or three-bedroom unit or take in the resort’s swimming pool, lazy river, soak in the hot tub or hit the beach. Highlights of the units include a kitchen, living area, balcony and convenient washer/dryer for when you come in off the beach.
2) Wyndham Seawatch Resort – this spot is centrally located between the Myrtle Beach amusement district and North Myrtle Beach – right on the beach and close to a number of attractions like the Splash Waterpark and Barefoot Landing. The best part for golfers is its location a few blocks from the Arcadian Shores Golf Club.
Arcadian Shores was designed by Rees Jones as his first solo project in 1974 and, at 6800 yards, this par 72 course provides ample challenges yet great fun for all handicap levels.
Back at Seawatch, your one-, two-, three or four-bedroom condo lets you relax after your round and change gears for your next activity. Take a dip in either the indoor or outdoor pool, sunbathe on the beach, unwind in the hot tub or drift down the lazy river. And there’s the Tiki Bar for a cold one.
1) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard – our most popular Myrtle Beach timeshare resort according to our customers, this North Myrtle Beach resort has more than enough amenities to make for a terrific vacation.
Golfers can head out to Beachwood Golf Club, just a four-minute drive away, to take on this 18-hole, Gene Hamm designed layout. Five tee boxes let you play the course from about 4,800 yards through to 6,700 yards – making it a great option for any skill level.
For those looking for a different test for your game, try Azalea Sands Golf Club which is right next door to Beachwood. Another Gene Hamm design, the course has been welcoming golfers since 1972 and has no homes adjoining the course. Wilson Staff sets are available for rent in case you choose not to bring your clubs with you on vacation.
At Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, you can chill out after your game in your choice of one-, two-, three- or four-bedroom units, with plenty of room for the family or a few golf friends. Have a drink in the lounge overlooking the ocean, grab a snack from the deli or a coffee in the café. With swimming pools, hot tubs, lazy river and the beach, you will have plenty of chances to relax.
By now, you get the idea that Myrtle Beach is an amazing destination for golfers as well as any type of family vacation. The best way to secure your annual golf outing is to buy into one of these timeshares.
If you have a particular timeshare resort in mind or need help finding one, give our licensed agents a call on 877-624-6889 or click here to leave us a message.