Posted on August 06, 2021
Now that we’re into August and the Labor Day holiday is only a few weeks away, many Wyndham timeshare points owners will start looking at short stay getaways to take advantage of the long weekend.
That’s one of the big advantages of the Club Wyndham points program, that points can be used on a daily basis and not just to book for a week-long stay. So where are the best Wyndham timeshare resorts to visit when looking for a quick Labor Day escape? We’ll let our customers tell you.
Below is a list of our most popular drive-to Wyndham timeshare resorts as determined by offers placed onto these resorts from customers looking to buy timeshare at these destinations. These resorts are within a half-day drive from major population centers, so the list is tailored to vacationers looking to take a simple trip to get the most out of your holiday weekend.
Here is the count down of the best Wyndham timeshares for up-coming Labor Day getaways:
10) Wyndham Midtown 45 at New York City – within driving distance to Philadelphia (2 hrs), Baltimore (3 ½ hrs) and Boston (just over 4 hrs), this fabulous hotel will give you just the right bite of the Big Apple. Live entertainment is scheduled to resume in NYC, with shows such as Springsteen on Broadway, Waitress and Pass Over set to perform over Labor Day weekend.
9) Wyndham Vacation Resorts Panama City Beach – the pristine beaches of the Florida panhandle will offer up a great place to take in the sun and fun as summer comes to a close. Right on the beach with access to water sports, fishing, boating and fun views from the Sky Bar. Drive time to Birmingham (4 ¾ hrs), Atlanta (5 hrs) and New Orleans (5 hrs) means you can make it in time for Happy Hour.
8) Wyndham Pagosa – everything you need for a relaxing Colorado getaway is in Pagosa Springs. With access to the Pinon Lake Reservoir, you will be able to fish and swim, and at the resort do some laps in the indoor pool. Play 18 on the adjacent golf course, gear up for some tennis or go for a bike ride. Drive time to Denver (4 ¾ hrs) and Albuquerque, NM (3 ½ hrs) makes for a great weekend in the outdoors.
7) Wyndham Ocean Walk – for the Floridians looking for a beach getaway, Daytona Beach is within easy driving distance from all the major metro areas in Florida. With short drive time to Jacksonville (1 ½ hrs), Orlando (1 hr), Tampa (2 ½ hrs) and Miami (just under 4 hrs), you will be able to drive onto “The World’s Most Famous Beach”, even though the resort sits on one of the only pedestrian-only sections of the beach.
6) Wyndham Smoky Mountains – the resort is located in Sevierville, Tennessee - not far from Nashville (3 ¼ hrs), Charlotte and Atlanta (both just over 3 ½ hrs away) and just up the road from Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Take in the hiking, swimming, fishing, sightseeing and wildlife viewing while it is still warm out.
5) Wyndham Branson at The Meadows – the family-friendly live entertainment capital of America is close to Kansas City (just over 3 hrs), St. Louis (3 ¾ hrs) and Oklahoma City (4 ¾ hrs). Close to Table Rock Lake and all of the fabulous water-based activities, yet only four miles from the 76 Strip and all the terrific attractions such as Dolly Parton’s Stampede Show and Silver Dollar City.
4) Wyndham Nashville – the Country Music Capital of the World is comfortable driving distance to Cincinnati (4 hrs), Indianapolis (4 ½ hrs) and St Louis (just under 5 hrs). The resort is only a mile from the legendary Grand Ol’ Opry and within an easy drive of downtown Nashville and the iconic Ryman Auditorium, Country Music Hall of Fame and the infamous honky tonks of Broadway.
3) Wyndham Kingsgate – your home base to explore Colonial Williamsburg is only a 2 ½ hour drive from Washington D.C. This is the perfect time to walk along Duke of Gloucester St and take in the colonial buildings, House of Burgesses, Governor’s Mansion and a pint at the King’s Arms Tavern. And don’t miss exploring the historic Jamestown settlement, Yorktown, the theme parks such as Busch Gardens or hit the beach in nearby Virginia Beach.
2) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard – technically located in North Myrtle Beach, the resort is well worth the drive from Charlotte (3 ½ hrs) or Atlanta (5 ½ hrs). You are right on the beach – far enough from town to relax and enjoy the respite but close enough to take in the action when you decide to head out. Everything you need is onsite, but the golf courses, amusement parks, live entertainment venues and shopping locales are sure to draw you out during your stay.
1) Wyndham Grand Desert – one of the jewels of the Club Wyndham timeshare network, this Las Vegas resort is only 4 ½ hours from Los Angeles and 4 ¾ hours from Phoenix. Just a few blocks from the Strip, you will be able to hit the casinos and entertainment venues with ease using the free shuttle yet retreat from the action when you need a break to relax. Swimming pools, hot tubs, game room (not the gambling type), bar, movie theater and snack bar mean you can enjoy plenty of R&R.
Keep in mind that these drive times are dependent on factors such as time of day, weather and possible roadworks or accidents that you may encounter during your trip. The bottom line is that an upscale Wyndham timeshare resort is within driving distance of major metropolitan areas across the country. Ask us about any of these resorts by contacting us at 877-624-6889 or by clicking here.